Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Birds, version 02

So I kept working on adding some more bird silhouettes with additional positions and beak types. Overall I like the result. It's funny how you can come across something that really adds to the design just by taking a break and cruising the internet. I stumbled across a few images that gave me more ideas for the background and the shape the bird flock should take. Once I had all the shapes I wanted I exported a jpeg, pictured below:
 I thought this looked much better overall and the way the red acted with the blues was much more interesting. I wanted to see how the image would look with an overlay of a texture though. To do this I did a quick search for a free stain texture. I found a great one here : Flicker texture. Once I did a quick alteration to make it more solid red the overlay gave me a great idea. Rather than the blue and red I would desaturate the background and overlay the texture on the shapes. The end result is pictured below:
My wife noticed the bloodspot and said it might look a little better without it, in the end I think she was right so I output a version without it. I think a red border works better overall but if I'm super honest I kind of missed the blood drop, so because I couldn't help it: 
I think this is as far as I'll take it, maybe next I'll try another short story. The most dangerous game maybe? Or maybe even some H.G.Wells?

No comments: