Thursday, May 2, 2013

Everyday HUD

Long have I wanted for something like google glass. I thought it would be fun to design an everyday HUD (heads up display), and got started a few weeks ago to designing assets. I've worked on other art stuff in the meantime but I kept coming back to it little by little. It's almost at a point where I can post a pic of how it would look in use but till then (likely sometime tomorrow) here's something to hold you over. I have a few icons and assets that I'll post tonight so you have an idea of where it's going:
From top to bottom: Music App, Web Browser App, Digital Library App

From top to bottom: Podcast App, Movie App, Maps App

These are items for a collapsible "contacts" ribbon, overall I like the design and the icons remain readable even at very small sizes. 

No comments: